RAGA took shape on Makarasankranti, 2006 as an informal group of people whose primary aim is to appreciate, enjoy and promote the Classical Music of India.
In year 2016, RAGA kicked off the second decade of its service to the community with the successful Sampradaya Competition with sole focus to encourage and recognize classical music talent among children. 3rd Samprdaya event was held this year in 2018. Refer to the Sampradaya page for complete details on the program.
Continue your commitment Raga Club of CT and your appreciation for India Classical Music in any one of the following ways:
- Become a Patron by donating $1000 annually. Patron's picture will be included on the RAGA site under the sponsors section.
- Donate the annual membership amount of $150
- You may also consider donating any amount larger than the annual member amount of $150
- Donations by check - please make checks payable to RAGA Club of CT. Checks can be mailed to: Treasurer, Raga Club of CT, 44 GreenView Terr, Middletown, CT 06457
You may enquire about your workplace policy regarding matching funds. If your organization has such a program, please be sure to fill the appropriate form at your workplace and RAGA will then receive an additional contribution from you indirectly.
Raga Music concerts - Ticket policy:
- RAGA member and 3 more persons from immediate family (spouse and two additional immediate family members) are allowed free to RAGA concerts. Co-sponsored concerts and special concerts may have different ticketing arrangements.
- Other guests accompanying a RAGA member should buy tickets at $25 per person
- Non-Raga Members - suggested donation $25 per person
RAGA is a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization (Tax ID: 263184239). All your donations are tax deductible. You may donate to RAGA right here, using your credit card, by clicking on the picture of Goddess Saraswati below.
|<< CLICK on the image of Goddess Saraswathi to donate to Raga Club or renew RAGA Membership
2018 Music Concerts
[2018 Concerts confirmed so far are updated on this page. Watch this space for further updates on 2018 concert schedule. If you can any suggestions regarding artists send us a note to email@example.com]
Venue for all Concerts: CVHTS Auditorium, 11 Training Hill Road, Middletown, CT
|Aishwarya Vidhya Raghunath - Vocal||Trivandrum N Sampath - Violin||Delhi Sairam - Mridangam|
|Sangeetha Swaminathan - Vocal||Kalyan Gopalakrishnan - Violin||Kavichelvan - Mridangam|
May 20, 2018 (Sunday) 4 PM: Hindustani Concert Taal Vaadya Gaan: Sameehan Kashalkar - Hindustani Vocal, Sarwar Hussain - Sarangi, Ramendra Singh Solanki - Tabla, Sukhad Munde - Pakhawaj [Facebook Event Link; Concert Flyer - Link] This concert is now cancelled due to unforeseen reasons. We apologize for the inconvenience
|Sameehan Kashalkar - Vocal||Sarwar Hussain - Sarangi||Ramendra Singh - Tabla||Sukhad Munde - Pakhawaj|
June 03, 2018 (Sunday) 4 PM: Rithvik Raja - Carnatic Vocal Concert, accompanied by M Rajeev - Violin, Praveen Sparsh - Mridangam, Anirudh Athreya - Kanjira [Facebook Event URL; Concert Flyer - Link]
|Rithvik Raja - Vocal||M Rajeev - Violin||Praveen Sparsh - Mridangam||Anirudh Athreya - Kanjira|
June 17, 2018 (Sunday) 4 PM: Rajeshwari Satish - Carnatic Vocal Concert, accompanied by Radhika Mani - Violin, Praveen Sitaram - Mridangam [Facebook Event URL; Concert Flyer - Link]
|Rajeshwari Satish - Vocal||Radhika Mani - Violin||Praveen Sitaram - Mridangam|
|Board Chair||Dr. Sheenu Srinivasan|
|President||Shri. Vir Gopalanfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Secretary||Shri. Badri Narayananemail@example.com|
|Treasurer||Shri. Murthy Mamidannafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Stay connected with Raga Club of CT|