RAGA took shape on Makarasankranti, 2006 as an informal group of people whose primary aim is to appreciate, enjoy and promote the Classical Music of India.
In year 2016, RAGA kicked off the second decade of its service to the community with the successful Sampradaya Competition with sole focus to encourage and recognize classical music talent among children. 3rd Samprdaya event was held in 2018.
Sampradaya 2019 is scheduled for March, 30, 2019. Refer to Sampradaya page for complete details on the program.
Continue your commitment Raga Club of CT and your appreciation for India Classical Music in any one of the following ways:
- Become a Patron by donating $1000 annually. Patron's picture will be included on the RAGA site under the sponsors section.
- Donate the annual membership amount of $150
- You may also consider donating any amount larger than the annual member amount of $150
- Donations by check - please make checks payable to RAGA Club of CT. Checks can be mailed to: Treasurer, Raga Club of CT, 44 GreenView Terr, Middletown, CT 06457
You may enquire about your workplace policy regarding matching funds. If your organization has such a program, please be sure to fill the appropriate form at your workplace and RAGA will then receive an additional contribution from you indirectly.
Raga Music concerts - Ticket policy:
- RAGA member and 3 more persons from immediate family (spouse and two additional immediate family members) are allowed free to RAGA concerts. Co-sponsored concerts and special concerts may have different ticketing arrangements.
- Other guests accompanying a RAGA member should buy tickets at $25 per person
- Non-Raga Members - suggested donation $25 per person
RAGA is a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization (Tax ID: 263184239). All your donations are tax deductible. You may donate to RAGA right here, using your credit card, by clicking on the picture of Goddess Saraswati below.
|<< CLICK on the image of Goddess Saraswathi to donate to Raga Club or renew RAGA Membership
2019 Music Concerts
[Watch this space 2019 concerts; Concerts confirmed so far are listed here; If you have any suggestions regarding concerts, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org ]
Venue for all Concerts: CVHTS Auditorium, 11 Training Hill Road, Middletown, CT
April 07, 2019 (Sunday) 4 PM: D Srinivas - Carnatic Veena Concert, accompanied by V S Raghavan - Mridangam, Krishna Sriram - Ghatam [Facebook Event Link; Concert Flyer - Link]
|D Srinivas - Veena||V S Raghavan - Mridangam||Krishna Sriram - Ghatam|
May 19, 2019 (Sunday) 4 PM: Sunil Gargyan - Carnatic Vocal Concert, accompanied by Raghul Ravichandran - Violin, Trivandrum V Balaji - Mridangam [Facebook Event Link; Concert Flyer - Link]
|Sunil Gargyans - Vocal||Raghul Ravichandran - Violin||Trivandrum V Balaji - Mridangam|
|Board Chair||Dr. Sheenu Srinivasan|
|President||Shri. Vir Gopalanemail@example.com|
|Secretary||Shri. Badri Narayananfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Treasurer||Shri. Murthy Mamidannaemail@example.com|
|Stay connected with Raga Club of CT|